Update (please see link at the bottom of this email for previously sent details)
The clearinghouse urges providers to take action on Taxonomy Code and NCTracks Registration requirements for the conversion of CPIDs 1480 and 3564 North Carolina Medicaid to NCTracks on July 1, 2013. Providers must begin sending Taxonomy Codes now and must register in NCTracks to avoid claim rejections and remittance delays.
Providers must be aware of the following:
• Billing Provider Taxonomy Code is required or claims will reject with edit PPRV0318EW for Professional claims and edit IPRV0313EW for Institutional claims. Providers may begin submitting Billing Provider Taxonomy Codes now to avoid rejections on or after 6/21/2013.
• Rendering Provider Taxonomy Code is required when the associated NPI or Atypical Provider ID is present or claims will reject. Providers may begin submitting Rendering Provider Taxonomy Codes now to avoid rejections on or after 6/21/2013.
• Attending Provider Taxonomy Code is required when the associated NPI or Atypical Provider ID is present or claims will reject. Providers may begin submitting Attending Provider Taxonomy Codes now to avoid rejections on or after 6/21/2013.
• The NCTracks system uses NPI, taxonomy codes, and location to process and pay claims. Providers are encouraged to verify their taxonomy codes and locations at http://ncmmis.ncdhhs.gov/taxonomy.asp before July 1. Claims submitted in NCTracks with codes that do not match your provider taxonomy will be denied.
• 6/20/2013 Last day HPES/ECS will accept electronic claims submissions as of 4:00 PM CT
• Claims must be submitted to the clearinghouse by 1:30 PM CT on 6/20/2013 to meet the payers cutoff time
• 7/1/2013 First day NCTracks will accept transactions as of 5:00 AM CT
• For electronic claims: from 6/20/2013 1:30pm CT through 7/1/2013 5:00am CT. The clearinghouse will hold claims during this time and will begin submitting claims after 5:00am CT on 7/1/2013.
• As of 6/21/2013 claims that do not contain Billing, Rendering or Attending Provider taxonomy codes will begin rejecting.
• As of 5/31/2013, the clearinghouse will no longer enroll providers for electronic claims or remittance through the current processor in order to prepare for the conversion to NCTracks. To access the new agreement form, please visit our website at http://collaborationcompass.com, click Payer, and Payer Agreements Library.
• Providers already approved to submit transactions through the clearinghouse do not need to complete a new agreement but must register in NCTracks by June 24, 2013 and select "RELAYHEALTH" from the Billing Agent drop down field. Providers have been sent a letter from North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) with instructions for registering in NCTracks. If you have not received your letter, call 866-844-1113. If NCTracks registration is not completed by June 24, 2013 providers will have to wait until July 1, 2013 when the NCTracks Provider Portal is available to complete registration.
• New providers will need to complete a new agreement and must register in NCTracks. Providers will be sent a letter from DHHS with instructions for registering in NCTracks. When registering in NCTracks select "RELAYHEALTH" from the Billing Agent drop down field.
Providers must register in NCTracks and indicate "RELAYHEALTH" as their Billing Agent and select the appropriate transactions for electronic claims or remittance. Providers will only be allowed to select one Billing Agent for Claims and Remittance prior to 7/1/2013. After 7/1/2013, providers will be allowed to modify their Billing Agents by transaction. Letters will be sent to providers by the payer with instructions for updating Billing Agents at a later date.
It is important for providers to select "RELAYHEALTH" from the Billing Agent drop down field at the time of registration. If providers keyed "RELAYHEALTH" rather than selecting from the drop down field, please ensure the Billing Agent was keyed only as "RELAYHEALTH". If any variation of the name or a value other than "RELAYHEALTH" was keyed, your claims will not be linked to the clearinghouse, therefore causing claims to reject and/or delay in remittance delivery. Please review the Billing Agent selection and make necessary updates prior to 6/24/2013 to reflect the Billing Agent name only as "RELAYHEALTH".
Action Required: Providers must register in NCTracks and begin submitting Billing, Rendering or Attending Provider taxonomy codes now to avoid claim rejections on or after 6/21/2013.
If you have any questions, please contact Client Services at 1-888-348-8457, option 2.
At CollaborateMD we are obsessed with getting your medical claims paid fast. All of us at CollaborateMD are here and ready to help make your life easier.
Give us a call at 877.480.6517 for more information.