ClaimGear Instructor Training
Welcome to ClaimGear! On this website is a detailed step by step training process for you to follow and learn both ClaimGear and the Portal. Anytime you see this video icon , click on it to watch a video clip for that step. The video clips will require earphones or speakers.
1 - The ClaimGear Case Study Workbook contains claims that may be entered into the ClaimGear billing software.
2 - A second software is used by instructors to manage classes, students, and grades. It is also used by students to keep track of their assignments and to score claims. This second software is referred to as the
Receive your instructor Portal access information; it looks like this (below). If you have not received it, email ClaimGear support at email@example.com with your full name, any email address, and campus location. Your access information will be emailed to you.
Click Here for Diploma, 2nd Edition, ClaimGear Curriculum
Click Here for Degree, 2nd Edition, ClaimGear Curriculum
Click the "Click Here" for the specific curriculum you need (diploma or degree), and it will ask you to Open or Save the curriculum file. Save this material onto an instructor or department chair's desktop at the campus. Do not save this information on a student's computer. It may take approximately 7 minutes.
After the curriculum is saved onto a computer and you click to open the ClaimGear curriculum folder, here is what it will look like. There are seven items total.
a. If you do NOT have the 2nd edition workbook
1. You will print the six documents circled (below left).
2. Then inside the ClaimGear Workbook PDFs folder are all eight files (PDFs) of the ClaimGear Case Study Workbook. You will need to print the 1- Front Matter, 2- Student User Manual, 3- Rocky Shore (for your training; also see step #6 for a list of required patients per section for this training), and any other section for training or teaching.
3. You have the ability to print the entire book onto paper (approx 1000 pages).
|ClaimGear 2nd Edition Curriculum||ClaimGear Case Study Workbook PDFs|
b. If you do have the 2nd edition workbook
1. You will print the six documents circled.
2. There is no need for you to print any of the workbook PDFs.
Screenshot of all documents
ClaimGear Workbook PDFs folder: This folder contains all the sections in the ClaimGear Case Study Workbook. Instructors may need to print their own material. Here is a screenshot of all documents included in the Workbook PDFs folder.
ClaimGear Instructor User Manual: This manual should be printed and read immediately.
ClaimGear Workbook Ordering Info: The ClaimGear Case Study Workbook information needed to order the book (ISBN and phone number).
Corrections to the ClaimGear Case Study Workbook: This document lists the corrections/updates to the ClaimGear Case Study Workbook, and should be written in the student's workbook on the first day of their ClaimGear module.
Downloading_ClaimGear: Instructors may download ClaimGear at home to complete the required training. This document is not intended for students.
EOB Breakdown Answers: These answers are to the EOB Breakdown assignment in each section of the ClaimGear Case Study Workbook. Photocopy these answers onto bright colored paper so when a student asks for these answers to correct their assignment, it is easily identifiable in a classroom full of white paper.
Troubleshoot ClaimGear Not Connecting: If at anytime the ClaimGear at your campus or at home is not connecting, and you are able to connect to the internet otherwise, see this four step document to help determine the problem.
At this point you should have your instructor Portal access information (step #1), all the curriculum organized (steps #2-4), and ClaimGear installed and you are able to connect (step #5).
There is a ClaimGear Instructor Achievement program. If you complete the following material with 100%, email ClaimGear support the student training login and password for score verification. A certificate will be mailed to the campus in ~4 weeks.
2. West Point 2nd Ed – first 10 patients on the Patient Listing page 278
3. Crown Valley 2nd Ed – first 10 patients on the Patient Listing page 416
4. Sunset Springs 2nd Ed – first 5 patients on the Patient Listing page 548
5. Maple Hills 2nd Ed – first 5 patients on the Patient Listing page 704
6. Hidden Cities V 2nd Ed – all 7 patients on the Patient Listing page 850
2. West Point 2nd Ed – 10 patients (Brunker, Burgess, Deer, Forsha, Garner, Hoffman, Milley, Newbold, Noorda, Pitzer)
3. Crown Valley 2nd Ed – first 15 patients on the Patient Listing page 416
Note: If your campus has students
with the 1st edition workbook, you must provide them a copy of
the 2nd edition chapter. Locate step 2 and print the workbook
Watch to learn the details of the Portal.
Here are individual video clips on the instructor Portal in case you need a refresher on just one function. This information is also in your Instructor User Manual.
|Topic||Page #||Video Clip|
|a.||Entering the portal||7|
|b.||Registering the access key code||9|
|f.||Add an new student to your class||30|
|g.||Add an existing student to your class||30|
|h.||Add class/student to an assignment||33|
|i.||Canceling an assignment||35|
|j.||View student's assignment - per student||37|
|k.||View student's assignment - per class||37|
|l.||Finalize scores on assignment - entire class||37|
|m.||Finalize scores on assignment - one student||37|
|n.||How to enroll students in Hidden Cities I-V assignment||38|
|o.||How to control all students at the campus||42|
|i. View problems (individual patient's answers)||44|
|ii. View details (coding details per section)||46|
|iii. View charges/credits (charges/credits per patient per section)||48|
|q.||Print class roster||35|
|r.||Reset student password||43|
|s.||Determine if access key code is registered||42|
Now that you have all the curriculum and have created yourself a ClaimGear student training account in the Portal, it is time to open and review the ClaimGear Case Study Workbook. You need to read the following chapters, in this order:
|• Front matter – Degree||• Rocky Shore||• Sunset Springs|
|• Front matter – Diploma||• West Point||• Maple Hills|
|• ClaimGear Student User Manual||• Crown Valley||• Hidden Cities|
Welcome to the first day of ClaimGear!
There are six things that need to happen on the first day of your ClaimGear class (read below; also remember the Welcome to ClaimGear! in the workbook, pages 15 and 16):
1. The instructor will review to the class the workbook content.
2. Instructor must distribute to all new students their ClaimGear Username and Password. The students should write this information permanently in their ClaimGear Case Study Workbook in the space provided on the first page. You have already created your own student training account.
3. All new students will need to register their Access Key Code. See the workbook page 1 and 27. The students Access Key Code is printed on the first page of their workbook. The instructor's access key code was emailed (see step #1, 4th column). Register your access key code now.
4. The instructor will photocopy and distribute the "Corrections to the ClaimGear Case Study Workbook" to the students. The students will write the corrections in their workbook. You have already printed this document (step #3 and #4). Update your workbook now.
5. Review the assignment schedule (step #11).
6. Student training; see the student video clips (step #12).
Students and you can now begin the assignment. Below is the assignment schedule for 4-week-modules. This is also included in the diploma workbook on page 17. This schedule provides pages of the workbook to complete for each ClaimGear day.
The students have training video clips they can access anytime. The link is located on the main page of ClaimGear When clicked, a website will open with a list of video clips they will choose from. Here anyone can watch the videos that will provide detailed information on how to use ClaimGear (e.g., schedule appointments, register the patients, claim entry, payment posting, scoring, and the EOB Breakdown). Use these videos for your training also.
Open up ClaimGear and begin working on your assignment/training. You have already assigned yourself in the instructor Portal a section, probably Rocky Shore as instructed in step #7.
Use the ClaimGear Student User Manual that begins on page 19. This manual is organized in the flow of the workbook assignment (e.g., open ClaimGear, schedule appointments, register the patients, claim entry, payment posting, scoring, and the EOB Breakdown). The Table of Contents will direct you to the page you need to go. Per the assignment schedule (step #11), you are to begin with scheduling appointments.
Here are video clips on how to complete five random patients. For detailed information on ClaimGear, see the Student User Manual or video clips in step #12).
Do your training now.
The students can score their work after patient registration and claim entry. They can even wait until the payments have been posted too. You will need to score your claims until you receive 100%.
1. See the Portal chapter that discusses scoring beginning on page 71, and the Specs chapters on page 78 or 84.
Here are video clips on how to score the five previously entered patients (step #12).
2. Remember that instructors have access to the workbooks master answers [see step #8 Programs (answers)].
3. The student also needs to know the purpose of the green ball and how to control their assignments with it. This information is in their workbook on page 70 and discussed in multiple videos.
The students are required to complete the EOB Breakdown, which is the last part of their assignment. This is well documented in the Student User Manual on pages 94 and 95. The instructors do not need to complete this for their training certificate, however it would be a good idea to complete a few patients and grade it (answers are included in the curriculum, see step #4, EOB Breakdown Answers).
When the module due date and time has come and the module is officially over, the instructor needs to go into the instructor Portal and finalize the assignment to hard code the student's grade. See step #8 for video clips on how to finalize an assignment (videos: Courses, l and m).
For your ClaimGear instructor training, it is over when you receive 100% on your assignment. If you have achieved the requirements for the certificate, please email support your ClaimGear student training login and password.
The process starts over for every module.
Here is a summary of what to do:
a. Go into the instructor Portal, create a class, add students to the class, attach an assignment and assign it, print a class roster, and log out.
b. First day of ClaimGear class, instructor distributes to the students their ClaimGear usernames and passwords and the Corrections document for the section assigned for that module. The student registers their access key code and then updates their workbook with the received Corrections document.
c. The student then works on their ClaimGear assignment and can score their work unlimited until the module due date and time is up, and the instructor finalizes the class in the instructor Portal.
Remember your resources:
a. Instructor Portal
1. ClaimGear Instructor User Manual.
2. Instructor Video Clips at this website www.claimgear.com/InstructorHome.htm
1. Student User Manual that begins on page 19 in the workbook.
2. Student Video Clips at this website www.claimgear.com/StudentHome.htm
1. Workbook front matter, pages 1-18.
2. Video clips
Contact support anytime for questions regarding your training or curriculum.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 1-407-404-6523
ClaimGear is a product of CollaborateMD. For more information on the commercial PM version, visit www.collaboratemd.com.
Copyright (c) 2008-2010 CollaborateMD. All videos and content on this site are copyright of CollaborateMD and use is exclusively for Corinthian Colleges. Any other reproduction or distribution is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of CollaborateMD.