The clearinghouse would like to inform providers of the following updates for CPIDs 4489 and 5524 Alaska Medicaid
conversion to Health Enterprise on October 1, 2013.
• Provider re-enrollment to update provider records with appropriate NPIs, taxonomy codes, addresses, and account information via the payer's online Provider Enrollment Portal (PEP) is closed.
• Providers that did not complete enrollment prior to PEP closing must wait to re-enroll on or after October 1, 2013 through Health Enterprise. Claims submitted to the new system prior to re-enrollment approval will deny.
• For questions regarding provider re-enrollment, please contact Alaska Medicaid's re-enrollment staff at 907-644-5993 or in-state, toll-free at 888-944-6877.
• Providers already approved to submit electronic transactions through the clearinghouse do not need to complete a new agreement for electronic claims or electronic remittance advice (ERA).
• New providers need to complete a new agreement. To access the claim and remittance agreement forms, please visit our website at https://www.collaborationcompass.com
, click Payer, and Payer Agreements Library.
• Billing Provider Taxonomy is required when the associated NPI is present or claims will reject with edit PPRV0318EW for Professional claims and edit IPRV0313EW for Institutional claims. Providers may begin submitting Billing Provider Taxonomy Codes now to avoid rejections on or after 9/17/2013.
• Rendering Provider Taxonomy is required when the associated NPI is present and is different than the Billing Provider NPI or claims will reject with edit PPRV0324EW for Professional claims. Providers may begin submitting Rendering Provider Taxonomy Codes now to avoid rejections on or after 9/17/2013
• Billing Provider Address must contain the physical address or claims will reject with edit PN3-0115EB or PN3-020137 for Professional claims and edit IN3-010337 or IN3-020337 for Institutional claims
. Lock Box and PO Box addresses will not be accepted.
• The Billing and Rendering Provider Taxonomy Codes must match provider enrollment records or payer will suspend claims.
• The Billing Provider and Service Facility Address and ZIP Codes must match provider enrollment records or payer will suspend claims.
• The Billing Provider and Service Facility nine digit ZIP Codes containing '0000' or '9999' as the last four digits will now receive a warning and may delay claim payment. Nine digit ZIP codes can be found on the USPS website: http://zip4.usps.com
Action Required: Providers must send the correct taxonomies, addresses and ZIP codes from their enrollment record. Please verify correct information is submitted on claims to prevent claim and/or remittance delays.
If you have any questions, please contact Client Services at 1-888-348-8457, option 2.